Saturday, April 18, 2015

♡ BLOG FOUR ♡

Thirteen Reasons Why
Jay Asher

   During Spring Break I began to read "Thirteen Reasons Why",  and it begins the suspense very fast, but catches the reader right away when Clay Jensen gets Hannah's tapes. In the first cassette on  Side A Hannah's says, "I hope you're ready; because I'm about to tell you the story of my life. More specifically, why my life ended. And if you're listening these tapes you're one of the reasons why". Clearly, this remark Hannah made on the tape sparked up Clay's curiosity, and why is he on there because he does not recall doing anything wrong to her. Clay says he'd been an acquaintance of Hannah, seen around school and kissed her at a party. He has been listening to the tape and following locations on a map given by her anonymously in his locker awhile back to follow the story. In my opinion Clay has engrossed himself in Hannah's tapes and her story, and I think it's because he doesn't know exactly why he's in the tapes.
   Clay's character is not very risk-taking with anything so far through the book. For example, when Clay got the tapes and heard what it was about he could've went to the police or talk to anybody about it, but he did not. At the beginning of the first tape there was a warning that if any of the persons on the list did not give the tapes to the next person on the list another set of copy tapes would be sent out, and whatever was on the tapes about he did not want to be viewed differently. This is why I believe that Clay isn't risk taking because he could have done something about these tape since he said he had not done such a horrible thing to her. I wonder if Clay will change this aspect of himself later on in the book.

No comments:

Post a Comment